Promoting Horse Activites Throughout Southern Colorado
2018 BFSC QUEEN AND PRINCESS
Attention girls 15-19 years old! It's that time of year to start the search for the 2017 Black Forest Saddle Club Queen.The Saddle Club queen will represent the BFSC at parades, shows, and other public events, as well as work with sponsors for next year's Summer Buckle Series Shows. The queen will need to demonstrate good horsemanship skills and be comfortable speaking in public. Fill out your application and bring it to the Septmeber 9th, 2017 Performance Show. The horsemanship test will be given after the horsemanship class and interviews will be held during the lunch break, and will be judged by two members of the board.
We will also be taking applications for the 2018 Black Forest Saddle Club Princess. This spot is open to girls ages 10-14. The Saddle Club Princess will also represent the BFSC at parades, shows and other public events, along with our 2017 queen.Fill out your application and bring it to the showslisted above. You will also need to take the horsemanship test qnd complete the interview.
1. The Club Queen and Aides shall be active participants in the BFSC Club for a period of at least six months and completed their yearly service hours prior to selection. The candidates for queen must have reached a minimum age of 15 years during the year in which selected. The candidates for Aide shall reach a minimum age of 10 years. One Queen, Two Aides and a Runner-Up shall be selected.
2. Qualified judges selected by the Queen Contest committee shall evaluate the contestants based upon horsemanship, personality, knowledge, dress and appearance, as well as appearance and grooming of their horse. The horse used for the queen contest must be owned or leased by the contestant or her family.
3. Selection shall be based on judges score and vote by Queen Commitee members and the BFSC Board of Directors. All decisions are final.
4. An application form must be completed by the candidate and signed by parents or legal guardian, giving their permission and support.
5. The Queen and Aides will be encouraged to attend a maximum of club activities, to include meetings, horse shows, trail rides and may accept invitations to other club's events wherever possible. They will be required to represent the club at parades and BFSC sponsored shows. Failure to represent the club at required activities without sufficient and prior justification will be grounds for removal from the royaly position by the Board of Directors. Royalty are responsible for their own attire subject to approval by the board.
6. A Queen Tiara shall be presented to the Queen and retained by Queen at the completion of her reign. A new tiara will be presented to the oncoming queen by the outgoing queen at the annual meeting of the club.
7. An outgoing queen may not succeed herself unless running unopposed, but may compete for an aide position.
8. The Queen contest will be conducted to ensure each contestant has an equal opportunity to demonstrate her ability to perform the functions of the BFSC Royalty. The total points any contestant can accumulate is 100.
The following will be judged with the stated weight being applied: